Take a look at the fifth of 9 Fundamental CrossFit moves.
Now you are getting serious about your CrossFit training, it is time to master the Push Press.
In time, you will be able to build up the amount you are able to lift. For now, start small in order to get the hang of the move itself.
Here’s a demonstration of a Push Press from CrossFit Seminar Staff member Julie Foucher
Keep these positioning tips in mind when performing a Push Press:
- Hip-width stance
- Hands just outside shoulders
- Elbows slightly in front of bar
- Full grip on the bar
- Bar rests on torso
- Torso dips straight down
- Hips and legs extend, then press
- Heels down until hips and legs extend
- Bar moves over the middle of the foot
- Complete at full hip, knee and arm extension
Work with a trainer to make sure you have your body positioning correct when performing this move and you will be able to build up the weight more quickly.